Sunday, August 12, 2012

What's Been Happenin'?????

Well, Plenty!  Except for some other overachievers out there in blogland...but here are some of my Olympic Accomplishments!
Crazy Jacks has been back from the quilter for quite some time...finally found just the right purple to bind it with and entered it in the Kuna PieceMakerS Quilt Show.  Dedicated to my little Grandson who loves to grow pumpkins with Gramma.
Also entered in the show is Marys Quilt made by myself and my quilting partner in crime for our friend and co-worker who retired last year.  We wanted to give due credit to her friendship and her 35 years as a wonderful Nurse.  Can't tell from this photo but the little gold centers are yo-yos.  Lots of hand buttonhole stitch on this one thanks to yours truly.
Heres the quilt made by the 2nd Place Block Challenge winner from 2011.  The applique lion fish was her winning block and she chose to add my kitty in the pumpkin to her selection of blocks.
a bit closer...I like how she turned my kitty into a snowball block.

and yes I've done it again...I was the fifth and final winner of the quilt block challenge which means I got the leftovers after the preceeding winners made their selections...I think that means I'm allowed a little creative license...I will be presenting them with not one but two finished projects from my 9 total blocks for next year...what I received divvied up into two distinctly different themes...so stayed tuned...but don't hold your breath...they're on the back burner for now.

Nancie Anne






No comments:

Post a Comment