Thursday, January 16, 2014

Shh! I Have A Secret!!!


Well, actually more than just one secret...one that I can share...and one I can't!  But the one I can't share will be shared before long...but not here...nope not by me!  I'm not gonna tell and you can't make me...but soon you'll see!  Someplace else...designer-y!
not being shared by me! Nosirree!
 
The secret I can tell (because hubby Never-Ever touches the computer) is what's been on my design wall hiding behind my Christmas Country Sampler so someone special doesn't see! 
He knows I started it...several months ago...but he doesn't know it's been taken back out and being worked on currently! 
 I'm trying to get it to completed flimsy stage before Monday...our 35th Wedding Anniversary!
 
My hubby saw and fell in love with the original Homecoming Quilt when we first visited The Quilt House in Gardnerville, NV in 2011.  Every visit since he has walked up to it and said, "I really like that quilt!"  I'm thinking that he is concerned it might never happen if he doesn't remind me!
They were so nice and actually tracked down a copy of the pattern somewhere in the back of the shop for us to purchase because the spot they were supposed to be hanging was empty.  We didn't realize at the time, that this had been the quilt pattern they submitted for publication when the shop was featured in Quilt Samplers special edition of revisited shops in 2007.  I also referred to the magazine version of the pattern, as it has beautiful graphics that make it easier to assemble. 
I have the cute tulip corner blocks that drew him to the quilt to make next.
 
I'm keeping my New Years goals on track this year using the KISS method...
"Keep It Simple, Stupid!" 
I'm going to try to finish at least one UFO during odd numbered months and give myself permission to start something new in even numbered months!  No pressure. 
 
Oh, and just by the way...my youngest daughter called last week and asked to have a girls day...something we used to do all the time, but rarely anymore...she was my velcro baby growing up.
On the designated day, we decided on a layout for her butterfly quilt...I hemmed 4 pair of work pants for her that she'd already worn holes in the hems of walking on them!  Baaaad Girl. 
But first, we started the day with a fun breakfast out and then hurried across the parking lot to the theater and watched "Frozen". 
This is not a paid advertisement for Disney...
but there is a reason this movie has been topping the charts since it's release!
I'm here today to freely admit that I have never been a huge animation fan...but this movie is such a beautiful breathtaking work of art that I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye before the opening credits were done...the snowflakes just took my breath away...the story made me think about the struggles my daughters have endured and persevered through individually & collectively with such determination, always supporting one another, and again, I was mopping up tears.
The words, "Do you want to build a snowman?" carry a special deeply felt meaning now,
 between my youngest daughter and I, as we've faced our own, so,metimes scary, trials together.
When it's released on DVD, I'm planning to send it to all three of my girls...with a love note attached.
Mamas & Daughters, Grammies & Granddaughters, Aunties and Nieces,
go see it, I think you'll hug each other a bit tighter after you do. 
I've been getting texts containing these from my 22 year old baby since that day...
 
 
Your Stichin' Sister!
 
~Nancie Anne
 


1 comment:

  1. Not FAIR ... (insert sound of stamping feet here) ... I wanna know the secret too.

    I love the quilt you're making in secret, the colours are wonderfully warm. Is it made in flannels?

    ReplyDelete