Saturday, March 22, 2014

Still Feeding My Kids...

Hi Kiddos! 
I made this recipe, from Allrecipes.com twice now.  I have some burger in the fridge that I need to cook so I'm making it again today.  It's very similar to one I used to make when you were little that had the ketchup/brown sugar on the top. 
The only thing I did different was to use Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs instead of Crushed Crackers because that's what I had on hand.  I may try it using rice too.  The first time I made it, we had it for dinner immediately, and I didn't like that texture so much, but the next day I took some to work for lunch.  It had settled at that point and it was really good!  The squishy was gone, so my thing with this recipe is, that its an easy one you can make in the morning then let sit in the fridge til dinner or while you're making Sunday nights dinner, throw a meatloaf in the oven while you're at it for after work on Monday night. 
ALSO, it's totally not necessary to grease the pan, even with really lean burger.  I also think the idea of oil mixed in with the ketchup/brown sugar mixture sounds kinda gross!

Love,
Your Mommy!

Brown Sugar Meatloaf
 
recipe image
Rated: rating
Submitted By: tangastar
Photo By: mominml
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 8
"This brown sugar meatloaf is glazed with brown sugar and ketchup for a moist and flavorful weeknight dinner."
Ingredients:
1/2 cup packed brown
sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 pounds lean ground
beef
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black
pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground
ginger
3/4 cup finely crushed
saltine cracker crumbs
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
2.Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3.In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.

1 comment: